KoreaJapanFreak

KoreaJapanFreak

KoreaJapan fan. Mainly blabs about kmovie&drama, jmovie&drama, kpop,jpop, jrock and even hip hop!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Annyong! Hajimemashite! Welcome to KoreaJapanFreak bloggy! As the name stated, I will be discussing, reviewing, ranting, praising etc etc things about KoreaJapan. The main focus is of course the entertainment area~~! I'm addicted to k-drama & movie, as well as j-drama & movie, anime, manga, jpop, kpop, jrock and even hiphop! :) Other than that maybe I'll write about my two cents on KoreaJapan related general issues. Such as... the World Cup 2006! As an Asian myself, I'm very very proud that Japan and South Korea are the representative from Asia, specifically the East side. Many many times people looked down on Asians because of our physique (small and short :P) and due to political&economic issues. 2002 World Cup was a sweet memory when KoreaJapan hosted the game and South Korea manage to enter the semi-finals! WOW!!! One thing that cannot be underestimated about Asians are: the SPIRIT. Well, I guess it due to the hardship that the people had to endure et al, thus our spirit soars high.

So back to football~the hero for 2002 FIFA was Ahn Jung Hwan (such a CUTIE)! Although he was not listed as the first-eleven, but his performance at the 2nd half is an all-star!! He shines again in 2006 and I'm hoping he 'll do his magic touch as in 2002 and South Korea can advance to the semi-finals again :) Their win against Togo is great and the 'Red Devils' fans are hyped in the stadium. Haha, but the attire that Korean fans in Germany wore are cute! Horns and all red :D. I hope Japan can do better after this. It's really disappointing to see them lose to Australia. Aaah... minna gambare!! Hwaiting! Make all Asian proud!!

Now it's j-movie time!! Yesterday after debating whether I want to sleep or not, I decided to watch Otakus in Love aka Koi no Mon at 3 a.m. I just got the movie and anticipation was high: and the movie didn't fail me :)! Starring Matsuda Ryuhei [NANA, 9 souls, Gohatto] and Sakai Wakana [Kisarazu Cat's Eyes, Kimi wa Petto], it's about love among geeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit of geek myself and I'm a strong believer that geeks deserve to love and be loved! Ryuhei is Mon, the poor manga artisan while Wakana is Koino (thus the aptly titled Koi no Mon), the cosplay freak. Mon uses rocks as his manga instead of pen&paper and while trying to pick up a piece of rock, Koino accidentally stepped on his hands... Thus the eccentric love story begins. The story evolves around the progress of their relationship, the reality of what real people think when they are in love. Both people have weird hobbies but neither wants to give in. But the attraction is there so one has to strategize how to lure the other. This is normal day-to-day scene for couples and that's why the movie got me. Only it was set up in the otaku world, manga and cosplay. Finally when they realize they really in love, and you just gotta adjust yourself with each other! I loved Ryuhei ever since I saw his photo with Matsumoto Jun (and thus the alter ego :D) and Wakana is really cute and one lucky gal! (she acted with boys from my fave ARASHI - Jun and Sho)

Oops space is up :)) I'm thinking about SBS Alone in Love aka Yeonae Shidae as my next blab... Oh, for those who haven't watch AiL, please do. It'll make you smile, laugh, cry, sob and the aftertaste is a sweetness that will last long..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home